Base station antenna
Collinear VHF Base Station Antenna
A collinear antenna is much the preferred type of antenna to connect to a VHF base station. The advantages include:
- DC grounded at the base to reduce the risk of lightning damage to equipment.
- Simple U-bolt mounting onto a pole, without large offset loads from a dipole type.
- Even omni-directional propagation.
- Increased height compared to a folded dipole on the same mast.
- More elegant and not as noticeable as a folded dipole installation.
We supply prefabricated coaxial cables with each antenna. Please provide the length required. All you have to do is provide and install a properly earthed alloy or galvanized steel pole.