Flight Computers & Variometers
- 5.5 inch colour display
- landscape or portrait installation solution
- simple conversion from landscape to portrait and vice versa
- acceptable size: 145x 106 mm; cut out 144×102 mm
- simple and effective handling via 8 push buttons and two rotary switched
- each rotary switch also has a push function
- every push button supports two functions after using of short and long press philosophy
- software completely developed by LX Navigation
- two GPS inputs for safe operation
- 3D terrain display
- AHRS (artificial horizon)option as an integral solution
- Flarm option
- IGC approved flight recorder
- 485 system bus, CAN Bus ready for future
- USB port (A size) on the front panel, for all kind of data transfer
- SD card interface (micro) for Flarm
- double seater configuration
- LX free airport and airspace data base
- worldwide terrain data
- Desin your panel: Shemp Hirth, Schleicher, HPH, DG, Pipistrel, LAK, Silent
- download panel cut out schema
- More about Zeus
LX 7007 C
This new development of the well proven LX 7007 series has been designed using the very latest high-level micro-controller technology and this has made it possible to avoid having to use an operating system. All this ensures stable operation proven by the LX 7007 units in past. By using the latest state of the art in display technology, sunshine readable displays with extremely low power drain have been incorporated. The display used in LX 7007 C requires less than 20 mA and this is more than 10 times less than using a classic TFT display.
- LX 7007 successor with colour display and much more
- Easy and cost effective conversion of all existing LX 7007 to LX 7007 C
- 80 mm air-norm remains
- Free SW updates until end of 2013
- Brilliant sunshine readable colour display
- Proven LX operating system and LX software
- Extremely low power consumption, 350 mA incl. colour vario
- All LX 7007 features remain, but with many adaptations
- Much faster computing thanks to use of a new micro-controller technology
- All benefits of LX 7007 remain; no need to learn new operation techniques
- Options: Flarm, Remote control, second seat repeater…..
LX 7007 CB
- 3,5 inch sunshine readable colour display
- Easy and cost effective conversion of all existing LX 7007 to LX 7007 CB
- Small outline: 112×70 mm
- All LX 7007 features remain but with many new adaptations
- Much faster computing thanks to use of a new micro-controller
- All benefits of LX 7007 remain; no need to learn new operating techniques!
- Options: Flarm, Remote Control, Second Seat Repeater, Compass, Voice Module….
LX Mini Map pro / LX Micro Map pro
and are therefore capable to support different programs.
- Usable solutions are LK 8000, XC soar, SeeYou Mobile and Strepla.
- LX Navigation has upgraded original version of LK 8000
- All original LK 8000 functions remained unchanged.
- Commands can be by 6 push knobs, 4 rotary switches or touch screen
- Every push button recognizes short and long press.
- Rotary switches have also push function.
- LX Navigation vario unit (USB D) is part of the system.
- To make using of Mini Map pro as simple as possible, one SD card reader was placed on the front of the unit.
- Program files are copied to the SD card and the system will run from SD card. No program installation is required.
- LX Mini Map internal flash (2Gb) can also be used as a program memory. In that case program les should be copied to flash.
- For LK 8000 users a desktop icon is ready and this makes possible to run the program after click on the icon.
- LX service program is available after click on service
icon on desktop. The main functions are as follows:
- -display calibration
- -display orientation setting
- -setting of variometer parameters
- LXMini Map pro and Micro Map supports a bright pallet of options which are plug and play connectable.
- Using the connectors on the back of the unit, the following options are possible:
- -remote control; controls also vario
- -second seat solution
- -remote control for second seat unit
- -secondary vario indicators
- -auxiliary power supply
- LX MM pro family offers two inputs for GPS signal. COM 1 and COM 2 are available.
- Suggested GPS sources:
-Colibri II*, Colibri, LX 20, LX Red Box, LX Mini Box, original Flarm units
- Up to 2 Flarm indicators are offered
* there is a special plug which connects Colibri II ( power and data).
- Differences LX Mini Map pro / LX Micro Map pro
- The most important difference between two units is size of the units. Mini Map uses a 4.3 inch display and Micro Map 3.5 inch size.
- LX Mini Map pro 136×83 mm, LX Micro Map pro 106×68 mm
- The display and processor technology is the same.
- LX Navigation data base is available for both units. LX airspace files are in Open Air format and airport data bases are in .cup files.
- All mentioned is free available on www.lxnavigation.si
LX Mini Map II
LX Mini Map II replaces the whole family
of LX Mini Map devices. The unit highlights
are; new plastic (ABS) ergonomic housing with
two rotary switches and three push buttons.
Portrait and also landscape orientation is possible.
The focus of the system is a Windows CE 5 embedded computer module accompanied by a micro-controller who’s main task is management of push buttons and rotary switches.
A brilliant 4.3 inch display with touch screen guaranties good readability, also under the harshest sunshine conditions.
The unit receives 12V power via USB mini type connector.
Data link is serial RS 232 standard, not USB.
Touch screen is a standard solution.
The program could run from SD card or from internal Flash.
Different programs can be used, some of them are:
-LK 8000*, XCsoar as free ware programs
-SeeYou Mobile and Strepla are programs which need license
* LX Navigation has upgraded the original LK 8000 program so that rotary switches and push buttons could be used..
The program you can download from www.lxnavigation.si
-12 up to 24 V DC
-consumption 380 mA at 12V
LX Mini Map II needs GPS signal input in form
of NMEA at RS 232 standard levels
Suggested GPS sources:
-Colibri II, Colibri, LX 20, -Flarm: LX Flarm Red Box, LX Flarm Mini Box, original Flarm units
All mentioned devices can be connected plug and play without significant installation work.
-LX junction box helps by GPS connection
-goose-neck support for out of panel installation
-LX 166 – LX MM II (all connections plug and play)
-LX 1606 – LX MM II (all connections plug and play)
-LX MM II can be driven also from LX 5000/7000/7007
LX7007 Compact C
The unit meets nearly all functions of LX 7007 C.
The most important difference is that the LX 7007 Compact C doesn’t include a GPS receiver and also does not offer an IGC approved flight recorder. There is a recorder built in, but it doesn’t have IGC approval. The format of flight records meets IGC specification and the flights can be therefore evaluated with programs which understand IGC format. As a GPS source an external NMEA signal should be applied. One 6P telephone type connector for GPS signal input is prepared on the back
side of the unit. Suitable pin out makes possible to connect GPS devices which have an IGC standard connector as plug and play solutions. Flarm can be also used as a GPS source. LX Red Box and LX Mini Box offers an effective solution.
and therefore only a colour vario indicator is used as an external device. Both these solutions makes
the system extremely space saving. A standard PDA interface with 5V and data is provided. PDA data includes also LX Wp sentences which delivers pressure altitude and IAS for a PDA.
Following options can be connected to LX 7007 Compact C:
-second seat repeater
-additionally vario indicators
-LX voice module
-LX remote stick for both seats
-LX compass module
LX 7007 Compact CB
The only difference is implementation of bigger screen which is by LX 7007 Compact CB 3,5 inch size. The unit layout requires a non air norm panel cut out. Every instrument comes with a steel template which helps by installation works.
LX 7007 Compact CB uses standard LX Navigation Vario unit, as the vario electronics isn’t integrated into the computer enclosure, as in LX 7007 Compact C.
- Two 57 mm units build the system
- GPS coupled and also stand alone operation
- Output for secondary vario display
- PDA port: NMEA with flarm data and 5V
- LCD vario display, color vario optionally
- Comfortable handling: one rotary switch and six push button
- Navigation & final glide data to home airport, even without PDA
- Distance counter after setting of virtual points
- Graphic display
- Plug and play connect-able: Colibri, LX 20, Flarm
- Colour Vario with mechanical needle
- Operation with GPS offers also wind calculation.
|Power Supply:||8 – 16 VDC|
|Power Consumption:||150mA @ 12V without audio|
|Instrument panel cutout :||1 x 57mm (main display)
1 x 57mm (vario indicator)
|Display||High resolution graphic display (32×97 dots)|
|Dimensions:||57 mm air norm
LX 166 depth 80 mm connectors included
Vario unit depth 140 mm incl. connector
- Occupies only one 57 mm cut out of the panel
- A black box connects vario, GPS, PDA/PNA and rotary switch
- Rotary switch for vario control (volume, MC, Ballast, Bugs, filter)
- PDA port: data and power (5V), also Flarm data, if Flarm is GPS source
- Automatic baud rate adaptation
- Limited stand alone operation, without PDA connected
- Extensions: LX Remote and secondary vario indicator
- LCD vario as a standard solution, color option available
- Plug and play connect-able to: Colibri, LX 20, Flarm,
- Color vario with mechanical needle as a standard solution
- A high tech vario, averager and flight time counter
- Vario indicator with LCD, colour vario optionally
- Simple direct manipulation, due to rotary switch and its push button
- 57 mm air norm
- Secondary vario indicator for second seat
- TE compensation via TE tube
- Low power consumption
- Optionally colour Vario with mechanical needle
- Extends pilot information
- User programmable unit
- Two variants: LCD and colour with mechanical needle
- 57 mm air-norm
- Connect-able to 485 bus
- Authoritative and easy handling of LX instrument
- Simple installation, all plug and play
- Only 4 wires due to LX bus solution
- 8 keys plus PTT and speed command button
- Flexible diameters from 18mm up to 25mm
- Leather coated
- Stand alone version: for Flarm info and warnings
- LX bus connected: LX 7007 info and warnings
- All connections plug and play
- Full solid state construction, no moving parts
- LX 485 bus connectable
- All connections plug and play
- Small outline
- Connect-able to LX 5000, LX 7000, LX 7007, LX 166, LX 1606
- Mechanical needle as an IAS indicator
- IAS in kts and km/h also on colour display
- Simple LX bus connect-able (no pressure inlets)
- No EASA Form One available